Time & Location
Jul 29, 2022, 11:45 AM – Jul 30, 2022, 1:00 PM
Gold's Gym , 8904 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23294, USA
About the Event
This is a six week program; your registration is for six weeks.
About the Program
Yoga Therapy is an individualized or small group approach to deal with a particular ailment or medical condition. A yoga therapist is trained to assess clients through intake, listening and observing. Sessions are focused on the client’s/small group goals and practices include techniques to specifically benefit each individual to improve function and feel better.
Yoga classes will focus on guiding students through yoga methods and practices. The teacher can base the class on different ability levels or on a general theme. The teachers show the students how to practice in an appropriate way.
About the Instructor:
Denyse Peterson is the owner/operator of Virginia Yoga Therapy LLC. She has a master’s degree in Yoga Therapy and is certified by the International Association of Yoga Therapists. She is an Adjunct and Clinic Faculty Member at Maryland University of Integrative Health – Yoga Therapy Department. She has decades of experience as fitness professional and certifications include:
· Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching (8/2022)
· NASM Certified Personal Trainer
· NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist
· ACE Functional Training Specialist
· ERYT500 & YACEP – Yoga Alliance
· YogaFit Ayurvedic Lifestyle Coach
· Yoga Fit Warrior 140 hours Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher
· Relax and Renew Trainer
· Love your Brain (Traumatic Brain Injury focused yoga) Teacher
· ACE Group Fitness Instructor